Sign in to follow this  
KarmannVR6

vag-com wont recognise my abs

Hi,

I've got a '92 vr6 and i've just got some vag com leads (serial and 2x2 adapter) off ebay with the sofware, version 409.1 and 311.2.

I plugged it in to the old dears B5 passat and all is working well.

Plugged it in to the corrado and it reads the engine ecu fine. However when i go to read the abs it cant find the abs ecu. The other strange thing is when vag com is plugged in the abs light is on, sometime flashing, sometimes on solid.

I've run both versions of the software and there seems to be no difference between them.

Any ideas?

The ABS light should come on when the ABS ecu is being interrogated, that's normal. Not sure why VAGCOM isn't connecting to it though, cos it sounds as if the ABS ecu thinks it is!

There is nothing special about connecting to the ABS ECU. No special fickle ways needed.

Looks like the ABS ECU doesn't like the interface you've got for some reason. Try another car with ABS if you can to verify if it's the C's ABS ECU or your interface.

I plugged it in to the old dears B5 passat and all is working well.

Does this have ABS??

The passats got abs and vag-com reads that fine.

The passat uses the serial to OBDII socket but i have to use the 2x2 adapter for the corrado.

Does the problem lie with the 2x2 adapter?

Does the problem lie with the 2x2 adapter?

Only if you put the black connector to white & vice-versa.

Looks like the ABS ECU has a problem........

I'd still swop out the ECU for another of the same suffix letter standard if you can.

Some are ABS only, some ABS & EDL (traction control) and use different ABS valve blocks. Corrado has four, two LHD, two RHD, each without/with EDL.

Questionable without detailed cross check of wiring as I think yours is a "535" ECU where later Corrado's used the Mk3 Golf unit "1H0".

You need to get it out of the passenger side lower door pillar cavity and look what part number it is.

1H0 907 379E replaces it in later Corrado's from late '94 onwards. The spare is specified as 1H0 907 379F (Never seen one of these).