Sign in to follow this  
Tom B

It looks like my Corrado's going off the road! :(

I really didn't wanna do this but I have no choice - the Rado's becoming SORN for a while, after driving it for only 14 days!

* Its running at 20mpg when I drive it, even if I drive it nicely. Also I swear the performance is down...I bet the charger wasn't rebult after all :(

* Exhaust - it rattles more than, erm, a rattly thing. People stare at the car as I drive past! I'm hoping new rubbers will cure this, maybe some messing about with the heatshields!

* Cooling - I get -25 degree windchill in the cabin, so it might need a new matrix. The rad fan is also dead. I've got a MK3 Golf fan to replace it with. Hopefully this will fit OK!

* Paint - It needs the rear quarters spraying as there is lacquer peel and I have a spot of rust on the rear panel. My sprayer who's made a few well known dubs reckons about £500 to sort it...Its money I don't have :(

* Wheels - I don't like them! I have some 16" tyres waiting for my Stroseks to be refurbed, but that too costs cash :(

Normally I would just flash the cash and get it sorted, but I have a huge drain on me at the moment, because I'm buying a flat. At the moment I need all the money I can get, so I've even thought of partially breaking my Rado and selling the rest on or just get rid of it and lose a lot of money. I love this car to bits...I knew they were a money drain but its come at the worst time. Ugh! I think I might have to SORN it, run around in my cheaper Polo and reap the rewards of a nice insurance refund and a much higher fuel economy. I can then gradually save up after I've blown my wages on Ikea to rebuild the Corrado slowly but surely.

This seems like such a pointless thread now, I just need to share my pain to you all. Any Agony Aunts, get in touch ;)

Dont worry fella, There are sure to be lots of us in the same boat. I do sometimes wonder if it is worth just putting my old Citroen ZX back on the road just to save money on insurance, fuel etc.

I hardly ever use my C and the GF is so expensive on the C. Everytime I get another thing to fix I have to Justify doing it.

Fuel economy and poor performance problems sound like you've probably got a duff lambda sensor.. Get the car on VAGCOM ..