Sign in to follow this  
Danger Mouse

battery warning light

hi there

i changed my username to this instead of tomel, its a bit more memorable.

Anyway, my battery warning light seems to be on constantly. Its on but faded and fades even more when i hit the accelerator.

Iv tried cleaning the points and it made no difference.

Any ideas

Cheers

DM

could be your battery that need relacing or the alternator,best bet would be to get it checked out at a auto electricians

Last time it happened to me, twas my alternator. Could even be your belt slipping though, you can usualy hear that though worth a look. My MKI sarted doing it when i turned up to college in the morning, drove it a bit, was on my way home at 2 oclock in the morning... and it died. Luckily i was carrying a spare battery cause i was expecting it after the mornings events. But a nightmare otherwise.

could be your battery that need relacing or the alternator,best bet would be to get it checked out at a auto electricians

Also check the thin wire that comes off your alternator... If this is damaged or has a corroded connector anywhere on it then your light will come on as you describe. (It's a thin blue wire on a G60, but I have no idea about the VR)

Also check the thin wire that comes off your alternator... If this is damaged or has a corroded connector anywhere on it then your light will come on as you describe. (It's a thin blue wire on a G60, but I have no idea about the VR)

and also if this light is on your battery wont be charging... :lol:

Might also just be the voltage regulator, which is a small unit on the back of the alternator (includes brushes and regulator) and can be changed seprately

Skye

Hi there Thomas. I believe i used to own this car. The battery and alternator are both fine, its a fault with the wiring to between the alternator and the led on the dash. Probably the dash end i think. Its not a prob and has been like that for about a year. Hope the car is well :cry: