Sign in to follow this  
K-rado

K-Rado

Well its nearly been a year of corrado drought and my ship (sorta speak) has come in. After a very long hard search, I have acquired a near mint Vr6 with exactly 38837miles under her belt ( or should i say chains :lol: )

I would say at this point that she is the best condition corrado i have ever owned, this will be my 3th. I had the pleasure, way back when, to drive a nearly new Vr but couldn’t afford one. This car is probably the closest you would find to new, anywhere.

I gave her a full seats out valet today, and apart from a minor bit of delaminating of the leather on the drivers side door card (on the list to repair), the interior is to die for.

She has been in storage, since 2000 and is very much a time-warp piece.

The speedlines are totaly original and mint, with not as much as a scratch. The engine is silky smooth, as is the box and the handling is crisp and exactly as it should be. Body work is amazing as is the boot space and engine bay.

I figure I need to spend abt £800-1000 and she will be, without a doubt, show room condition.

List of things to do?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Security.

Service (just in case)

New boots all round.

Very minor ding on the Bonnet

Brake over haul ( dont they all)

Door card.

Valet ( done)

Engine mount clean-up.

ICE CD/MP3 (original Sony jobbie tape thingy in Mint condition and Perfect working order)

K&N????? What ga recon???

Supersprint??????? What ya recon

FK's??????? What ya recon?

Coilovers?????? Although the handling is 100%, but if I were to go the 17" route, she would have to sit down and Neg camber a touch.

on dial-up at the mo but will post-up some pickies as I go.

Oh! Shes dragon green pearl with black leather.

TTFN :wink:

congratulations- I've gone green, sounds a real peach mate.

If she was mine I'd think about keeping it standard or close to it, especially in the handling/suspension dept. but on saying that most/all standard VR's look like they've got too much gap above the rear tyres :agrue:

Sounds silly but.. if you've been looking for a Corrado that was absolutely untouched, unmodified, original and mega low mileage and showroom condition, why would you start planning on altering stereo, suspension and alloy wheels?

Nice one all the same though mate - i'd love to be the one taking delivery of that motor! :)

Hi Jim,

Not looking to mod her all up or scrubbing for that matter. Just looking to improve on known short comings of all Rado's

eg, Ride-height, brakes.

The stereo is Neolithic, Cassettes, WHF!

Anyway, just looking for advice/opinion.

BTJ: I have travelled in excess of 1500miles to find one in a good a condition as this one and seen some poor examples of cars describes as "Mint". Doubt Storm with 39kmiles on the clock would be the same money. not for another 3-5 years. :wink:

good find mate

I picked her up in Brecon, south of your neck of the woods. Had a cracking drive up the A470, took a wrong turn an A487 (doh!) and ended up in Aberystwyth. ( only 1 hour out of my way :lol: ) and a mad dash then to Holyhead. 5 hours in the saddle and arrived at the port refreshed.

Cracking drive, Cracking drive. :)

did you say 'to die for' ?

thats a bit gay isnt it ? :lol:

quote]

:?: Gay Hmmmmmmm, not today thank you. :lol:

but I catch your Drift! :D or is that a bit Rasta? :wink:

Bally , Back at ya. Ya never know. We have friends around and I will pop over every now and again. You are welcome over if you can get your scrubber on the ferry :lol:

Roads here are covered in Sh!*. will have to wait until the W/e to take some photos.

What ya recon? not 2 bad for starters?

Got a new set of P6000's en-route :D

Old ones are shot seen as she has been standing for the best knockings of 5 1/2 years.

It's my twin! Give or take 100k. :oops:

You might want to think about changing the bushes if you've got money to spend mate, rubber bushes will have deteriorated whether the car has been driven or not.

I can also see why you want to change the ride height. I've got used to my Koni/HR setup and yours does look a little high now as standard. If you get coilovers you can always jack it up and make it look standard if you want.

I'd ditch the CC grill for a standard one as well. I don't know if a brake overhaul is really essential, i'll be changin mine eventually but my car isn't a mint 'time warp'. Standard brakes aren't that bad!

HTH, you've got a lovely example there keep it standard if you can mate. :)

Love the CC grill. thinks she needs a brow spoiler :D will put it on my shopping list.

With the roads here in ireland, I was thinking abt raising it a further 50mm :lol:. She sas stored indoors so the bushes / rubber are not weathered. Handling is realy crisp.

I wanna keep here fairly standard me thinks but Subbtle mods is OK me thinks. Lupo wipers, new loome, clear side repeaters, GREAT BIG BLOWER :lol:

One step at a time eh blue? :D

Bushes will deteriorate whether they are indoors or out & they will have got wet at some point in their life. Rubber doesn't last forever.

Are you serious about the brow spoiler? Lupo wipers & loom sounds like a good plan. :)

Are you serious about the brow spoiler? Sure am!

Mind you to be fair I am less serious abt the +50mm lift :lol:

got a few things to sort out before the Bushes/rubber

P6000's been fitted tomorrow.

Security next on the list

Then Brake overhaul ( fluid change at the very least)

Service ( if i can find somebody to do a proper job) (1994 VW Corrado Vr6..........

...... ( a What? are you sure its a VW? ...DOH! ) :roll: VW garages hese suck! :mad:

The list will go on . Oh the Joys of Corrado Ownership :D

With power comes responsability !

K-rado, About time!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it would not be long before you were back in the club!!! we will have to meet up when the sun comes back!!! and when i have sorted out my BROKED head gasket!!!

Im sure we could sort some kind of Irish meet! now i dont mean beef!

Well bugger me sideways if its not yourself there Paul.

Wanna get that head of yours sorted :wink: and will meet-up for a chat.

Will prob be in Mayo some w/e soon.

Miss Northants yet?

Miss northants my arse!!! mayo is a great place apart from the RAIN!!!

i am hoping to get the head sorted this coming week, Daveb off here offered to take me to the garage he uses.

We will have to have a meet-up when your up here!