Chay

Poor Fuel economy 20mpgish with my 2.0 16v

I must have posted that same picture a dozen times in different threads since I found it on this very forum! I can't remember who to credit for the original picture.

could you post this again, i can`t seem to see it, i might be blind though but could you post it again just incase i aint.

i have similar problem, overfuelling accept you can actually visably see the smoke coming out the back, its not oil its definatly over fueling, any help with this would be great

thanks kenno

Changing the air flow meter on mine has altered my mpg every time I've had it done! I was getting 23mpg on one last year and then changed it in spring this year and started getting 28. I am now getting 34mpg on the same run and am on my third unit!

I also found when changing sets of wheels they had an effect on the over all reading!

yip it's based on the mfa, however I am only getting about 330miles to the tank and also the exhaust is all black soot, this is a sign of running rich?

Exactly what im getting. Hope you get it sorted. Will keep you updated if I can find a solution Chay.

Bump. 330 miles seems to be the max I can ever really get out of mine and I do get a lot of soot on my exhaust pipe also.

Did you make any progress with this problem folks?

I made a bit of progress today by checking the timing and setting it right :oops:

It would appear it was adjusted before for unleaded and not changed back when the K star was fitted, solved all my starting and idling problems too.

Now doing 34 mpg on a two mile run where I used to be lucky to get half that.

My 1993 2ltr 16v is just the same, the max I get out of a tank is 280 miles and it averages between 12-18 mpg, not very nice on my wallet in this day and age. Do you recommend checking the timing then?