Sign in to follow this  
Rick

wheel re-chroming ??

hi peeps, a year ago i bought a set of bsa 264 chrome style wheels. these wheels must have been the earlier kind that was only single layer as the new chrome wheels on the market are triple layer. due to tiny stone chips on the spokes and water getting under the chrome, they have totally peeled and look awful. does anyone know if there is anywhere that can re-chrome the wheels or is it something a bodyshop can do. thanks ppl

hi peeps, a year ago i bought a set of bsa 264 chrome style wheels. these wheels must have been the earlier kind that was only single layer as the new chrome wheels on the market are triple layer. due to tiny stone chips on the spokes and water getting under the chrome, they have totally peeled and look awful. does anyone know if there is anywhere that can re-chrome the wheels or is it something a bodyshop can do. thanks ppl

How much were the wheels? Only know of one place in the UK which can chrome alloys and they quoted £1200+vat to do mine. I'd say buy new rims.

halford do it now, sure they mentioned wheels. not sure about the standard etc but its probs worth an ask. But as lees says for the price new rims or maybe just paint them?

its not the actually chroming that ppl have on there inlet mani etc, it jst looks like mirror finish paint... the only cost &30 wid tyres when they were new

Theres a company that someone posted up here a few months back, cant remember right now but will do a search.

I spoke to them and they do a few REAL shineyyyy paints plus chrome effect paints which are ideal for wheels cos there heavily lacquered and protected (unless u scuff-em of course) and they mainly deal in motor bikes. i got quoted 40- 60 quid a whhel for my BBS'S.