Sign in to follow this  
madscientist

Bordeaux Pearl effect VR6 (new pics on page 2)

Just thought i would say hello as this week i traded in my mk2 16v for a 93 VR6 Bordeaux Pearl with 97K, all standard apart from backbox

Its my first raddo and im loving it, cant stop driving it (So is the local petrol station :shock: )

Its got a few battle scars from car parks but other than that its sound, they can be sorted in the summer tho.

Apart from the dipped beam not working and rear wiper only working for a few mins in the morning i think everything else works fine?

What should i check first for the lights as this is the most important at the mo? (Fixed, it was the relay)

Will get some pics up when ive cleaned it.

Cheers

What should i check first for the lights as this is the most important at the mo?

Cheers

Welcome to the forum! And welcome to VR ownership! and i know just what you mean about not being able to stop driving it. In my house i am always the first to volunteer if we ever need anything out!

Regards to your dip. Pop open your bonnet and look to the right under the wing and to the right side of your battery.

You should then see a yellow plug / connector which is tacked onto the side (see pic) - take this off check the contacts are clean and then make sure you plug back in nice and firmly. That may solve it, can't guarantee, its the dip connector.

Someone else will no doubt come along with a better suggestion if that does not help.

nice one, i remember the first corrado i bought, i had a hard job leaving it alone and virtually had to prise myself out of it, now i wish i just had the time to get my latest one back on the road :)

fuses for the lights mate , also if poss have a look if it has an uprated loom, sometimes the in line fuse can blow or become corroded

get some pics up :-)

nice one mate, as for the rear wiper, just de wiper it, looks so much cleaner, and when you wash the car put loads of rain-x on, :D

I keep going out at dinner time just to go to the petrol station or something, obviously its the furthest away :)

Are the normal fuses under the dash, same as a golf. I havent had chance to have a good look in and around the car cos i cant get out of it.

Even my girlfreind likes it so lets hope she let me christen it this weekend!

Even my girlfreind likes it so lets hope she let me christen it this weekend!

Well done dude, be sure to get some pics up

Youre sick you are!! :lol:

Car sounds nice! When i first bought my corrado i went on a trip two days later for a week which killed me as i just wanted to get back and play :E

My parents moved to the south of France at christmas and my mum gave me her Lupo at knockdown interest free price. Little did they know i only wanted it to sell so i could get a rado!

They will get a shock when i turn up in france minus the Loop :lol:

to get to the fuses you need to remove the shelf by the drivers right knee :-)

it probably isnt a fuse though as they are different fuses for left and right

check at the back of the headlight , see if any wires look patched this will tell you if you have an uprated loom, if you have there will be an in line fuses (prob, depending on the loom) one for the dipped and one for main beam

for future reference anyhoo ................

1 Headlight, low beam, left 10

2 Headlight, low beam, right 10

3 Instrument panel lights, license plate lights 10

4 Rear window wiper 15

5 Wiper/washer, front 15

6 Fresh air fan 20

7 Tail lights, side marker light, right 10

8 Tail lights, side marker light, left 10

9 Rear window defogger 20

10 Foglights 15

11 Headlight, high beam, left 10

12 Headlight, high beam, right 10

13 Horn, radiator fan run-on 10

14 Back-up lights, washer jet heaters 10

15 Electronic ignition, idle stabilizer, deceleration fuel shut off 10

16 Dash warning lights, glove box light, cassette storage light, rear spoiler adjustment control unit 15

17 Emergency flasher switch, turn signals 10

18 Fuel pump 20

19 Radiator coolant fan, A/C 30

20 Brake lights 10

21 Interior lights, cigarette lighter, digital clock,

rear spoiler adjustment 15

22 Radio 10

nice one, i remember the first corrado i bought, i had a hard job leaving it alone and virtually had to prise myself out of it, now i wish i just had the time to get my latest one back on the road :)

sounds familiar :lol:

Very nice, lovely back drops.

A tip: Someone told me once to watch using the front fogs because they crack and are expensive to replace, best only use them for special occassions like fog and photos.

lol, one is already cracked.

I need to use them at night cos my dipped beam dont work. Ive had a quick look and it has had an uprated loom in the past, so hopefully it will just be the inline fuses.

Your golf looks exactly like my old car, the reg wasn't G900 *** was it ?

Nice 'rado by the way! Its a great jump in handling & power even coming from a golf valver!