Sign in to follow this  
EDSTARVR6

Cooling system pressure test

Morning all,

I have another coolant leak. Where can I get the pressure test equipment that allows you to put ~1bar of pressure on the system so I can check for leaks myself and not pay a garage to do the hunting? I think you can get a peice of equipment that attaches to the expansion tank and allows 1bar to be put on the cooling system by hand.

Anyone use one of these?

cheers

:( another sad morning.

Well I found some 'universal' kits on t'internet but they were £120, so it's cheap to go the garage, plus they know the layout of the cooling system better than I, oh well

Well I found some 'universal' kits on t'internet but they were £120, so it's cheap to go the garage, plus they know the layout of the cooling system better than I, oh well

oh no, you dont really need that. just get some engine block cleaner product. it will clean everything up nice(maybe more than one can) then just start the car and sit under it and trace where its coming from.

also give us a better idea of where its coming from.

Leak solved, thanks for Ideas. Was the top hose that conects from the bulkhead to under the HT leads on the back of the engine block. Now I jsut have to find out if was poor engine mounts that caused the hose to split!

:)

When type in various searches on the t'internet I found a guy on a volvo forum how made his own from a old cap and a bicycle pump! :confused4: