Sign in to follow this  
martyjmcfly

My suspensions tired - which way now?

Yeah I would get OE top mounts and get those and the dampers from the dealer. GSF stuff has a habit of breaking early, despite being the same manufacturer as OE.....but OEs demand a higher quality from OEM manufacturers than 3rd part resellers like GSF do.

The rear ARB does most of the roll reduction, so start with that one and upgrade the front one if you feel you need it. Neuspeed, H&R & Whiteline sell their front and rear ARBs seperately. Only Eibach sell them as a pair.

Yeah I would get OE top mounts and get those and the dampers from the dealer. GSF stuff has a habit of breaking early, despite being the same manufacturer as OE.....but OEs demand a higher quality from OEM manufacturers than 3rd part resellers like GSF do.

The rear ARB does most of the roll reduction, so start with that one and upgrade the front one if you feel you need it. Neuspeed, H&R & Whiteline sell their front and rear ARBs seperately. Only Eibach sell them as a pair.

I never understood these parts of drivetrain for stability management. All Corrados comes with factory front and rear ARBs, right?

How is that aftermarket ARBs are so much better than stock OEM ones? I mean, they are not rocket science in designing, its practicaly one twisted piece of metal bar. Is there really such a difference in performance?

Also, what other "bars" are for: tie bar, sway bar, swing bar, strut bar, brace bar..? is there any other "bars" im missing ? :D

Please exuse my noobness... :oops:

I never understood these parts of drivetrain for stability management. All Corrados comes with factory front and rear ARBs, right?

How is that aftermarket ARBs are so much better than stock OEM ones? I mean, they are not rocket science in designing, its practicaly one twisted piece of metal bar. Is there really such a difference in performance?

Also, what other "bars" are for: tie bar, sway bar, swing bar, strut bar, brace bar..? is there any other "bars" im missing ? :D

Please exuse my noobness... :oops:

The anti roll bars link either side of the suspension, and are made of spring steel. The principal behind them is that when the car leans when cornering the suspension is compressed on one side. The anti roll bar tries to level both sides of the suspension out, or in other terms make the body of the car flatter when cornering.

By adjusting the thickness of the bars you increase the leveling effect. Fitting a thicker front anti roll bar will increase understeer, fitting a thicker rear anti roll bar will decrease understeer, but make the rear of the car more likely to slide when cornering hard.

Wikipedia linky here

Hope this helps

Tom

Oh damn, i'm going down the KW variant 2 route instead. Its the best long term due to the true anti corrosive parts plus if the Cs going to be made to go faster, the standard won't be up to it.

+ the rear anti roll bars but not sure about uprating the front one.

Talk about turncoat. All these decisions to be made................ and these beers i've had tonight :)

All being fitted 19th of this month 8)

Has any one tried the Bilstein B16 PSS9 kit - i've heard that this kit is the best. Its fitted to Porkers etc.???

Either way, will H&R ARB's front and rear fit with either KW or Bilstein coilovers peeps?