Sign in to follow this  
cymru-corrado

airbox diagram needed

can some one with etka or pics of there airbox post them up if poss,

when doing engine conversion today, ended up with a blue 5 pin plug that seems to have no-where to go and have lost one of the small hoses that goes into on eof the 2 pipes on the the hose that goes into the throttle body.

as for conversion all done and dusted within 10hrs (yes me and my mate are completely wasted and every bone hurts like buggery).only snag was the rotor arm snapped when taking it off my lump as it had been glued on and gsf had closed by then so have to wait till tmrw to get one,put it on,fill up coolant,oil and gearbox oil and off we go.

What engine conversion did you do? I thought you were going for a straight like-for-like swap. To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what you want pictures of and what engine we're talking about. Maybe you could post up a picture of the plug in question and the connection for the missing hose?

just did straight 16v engine.

the plug comes out of the wing.

and theres a small hose that come out of the engine side of the airbox,both have no home at the moment,

then there is a small hose missing that goes into one of the 2 pipes in the underside of the airbox bit by the throttle body.

All the rotor arms on 16Vs are glued on by the factory. You need to crush them to get them off. I can't think of any 5 pin plugs by the airbox either. Only thing there IIRC is the over-run cutoff valve that dumps the metering flap.

Gavin

ONLY 5 pin plug on that loom from the fusebox that I can find is for the wiper motor.

found where they all went anyway by using an etka diagram,looks like 2 had been in the wrong place since i bought the car though! as for conversion all done and running sweet.