Sign in to follow this  
GraphicFrOst

best way to blow my money in my raddo

Ok should i fully build my 1.8 8v, get a 16v 1.8 or 2.0? my goal is break 300hp? My raddo is going to be a full project car but i dont know where to begin.... Can someone tell me what would be one of the best setups? i dont want to go with a VR6. a 1.8t sounds nice but is pricey ecu and all.. What would u guys do? I have heard the 2.0l blocks break easy as well.

Thanks for the help!

Well I'd say whatever way you go you're going to need at least 4 valves per cylinder for those numbers so you might want to start with the 16v 1.8L and plan on adding a turbo

I think 250 is a more realistic number

Skye

Blowing money on a Corrado is something you do automatically, just to keep it on the road.

For a reliable 300bhp, forget those engines.

You need a 16V G60 or a VR6 super/turbocharged - and that will cost more than the car's worth to implement.

Kev

300hp at the crank i assume... so closer to 240-250wheel horsepower seems like a better number to focus on... 240whp can be done on a 8vG60 with a lot of tuning/work, and is a bit easier to achieve with a 16vG60 setup.

do you have just the 8v right now or is it an 8vG60?

if you have just the 8v engine.. no supercharger.. i'd say don't bother with the 8v and just move onto either the 2L ABA crossflow engine, 1.8L 16v head with a 2L 16v bottom end or go with the 20v 1.8T engine. if you have a healthy G60 on that 8v motor already you could work 240whp out of that setup right there.

if it was me i'd do something like a 2L 20v turbo or 2L 16v turbo if its an all out project car. fairly high displacement (for a 4cyl) and 4 or 5 valves per cylinder.... with a healthy t3/t4 turbo on there and some stand alone fuel management and you'll have a fuggin beast. it'll cost ya!