Sign in to follow this  
matth76

What are lowering caps?

Hi

What are lowering caps?

If "lowering caps" are fitted to my front springs to bring it down an extra cm will this adversely affect the ride? Are lowering caps a bad idea or good?

Are lowering caps easy to install at the same time as having a suspension kit fitted? Do they last as long as the suspension kit itself? Any makes to go for or avoid?

Thanks for any help and information.

Cheers

Matt

Matt, I have konis and h&rs and have just fitted lowered spring caps. The spring cap is the part at the top of the front strut that holds the spring captive. They have a shallower design meaning the spring is compressed slightly more when you bolt the strut up to go back on. They have to come out to change shocks or springs anyway and the replacement items look to be identical quality to the new vag ones i had in there. Mine are JOM ones and lowered mine an extra 10-15mm, with no noticable change in ride quality.

The koni h&r set up is the most comfortable i have experienced without shelling out on coilovers. If you want anymore info pm me and ill give you my number for a chat.

cheers

Nick

could you post a picture so i could see the ride hight as getting knois soon,

also what size wheels are you running?

glen, In my sig picture i'm running Konis/H&R springs, no lowering caps. 15 Speedlines HTH

Nick,

Is this set-up much harder than standard.?..I've had my Corrado for abut 6 months...I find the standard ride very comfortable, perhaps a bit 'crashy' on really bad roads, I wouldn't want to go much firmer.