Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Scally Rally entrants, Whats your news??????

I think its booked up folks,i emailed her 3 days ago and she hasnt got back to me, me n afew mates are doin it next year, I reckon it will end up being a vw scally rally!

Well me and my mates are in,she emailed back! folk are not paying up quick enough so were car number 63!

Here it is!

samantha.jpg

Not even planned anything yet, other than were gona do alot of charity work,sponosrship on car, fund raising,etc!

have to book ferry/eurotunnel tomorrow then we'll concentrate on funding after we get back from the ring at the end of the month!

We cant wait tho! :D

I'm gonna a while to get my car!

Want to get something that already has an MOT :wink:

Oh, and then my team pays less tax + insurance :lol:

By the way, if you get insurance with Elephant, then cancel it once you've parted with the car, they'll give you a proper refund (i.e. you only get charged for every day of the policy you've used)

the boys and girls on the no-rice forum would be jumping mad to find out you picked up a mk2 for less than a ton.

When is the rally?

My team registered yesterday :)

Looks like there's at least 10+ people on the reserve list already though.. :(

Go onto the forum on Scallyrally.co.uk and show lots of enthuiasum, thats what got us in.

Yeah, there was something about them promoting someone off the rally to a second organiser position...so that ment there was one of the first position available again! 8)

That's a hell of a lot of metal for £100!

isnt it just, just been offered another from someone at work for nothing as it has just failed its mot. Could be useful for parts.

this looks fantastic, it such a shame that i had that old scirocco scraped. nobody wanted it a few months ago :-(

I wish you guys the best of luck!!!!! :-)

looks minty andy good stuff i thought it would be a dog! we've got a surprise for our car! this is gonna be quality rally well looking forward to it have you got to re-mot it before the scally or will it just see you through?

not bad is it, mot runs to oct 24th, so no need for an mot, which is good. Just hope there are no suprises when we do the head gasket!

Come on, what ya got???

all will be revealed gonna be a beast though and cain us for petrol! we currently trying to think about the paint job you got anything up your sleve? im defo gonna put a corrado forum sticker in the car thou and a g-werks one! cheers andy

were thinking of buying a cheap sprayer and try and use it ourselves we'll see or its gonna get rollered emulsion lol! no we really havent set any plans in stone yet matey!

So whats your news, I make it 6 teams from the Forum....

Me

Geo

IOW

Dec

JoeB

Jenks

I have started the removal of the head on the saab, may have it all off this weekend. We have started plans for the decals (a friends dad runs a sign writing place). Will start fund raising soon.

Whats everyone else up to???

My Scirocco is still sitting in my garage with everything stripped out of the front wheel arches. Still waiting paitently to be put back together! :cry:

I'll find time to do it one of these days!

I've yet to finalise what car I'm bringing. It's looking like my 1990 Jetta TD though. It needs a clutch, rear brake shoes and handbrake cables, a timing belt and a radiator.

Before I get to that I have to rebuild a Golf G60, then respray it. Then do the same to a Mk1 golf. I also have a few bits to do to my Mk2 8v, and I have to put new brakes on my Vento track car and get it set up properly in time for April 9th.

How I'm going to fit it all in I've no idea.....

so you've given up on the idea of selling the Vento then? :shock: :lol:

My team still hasnt bought a banger... Looks like we'll wait a couple of months, 'til more cars are around with MOT's til at least Sept.

Also, my teammate might not be able to afford the event! :x

I foolishly let him know how much it was likely to cost, and his jaw dropped :lol:

It was him that talked me into signing up in the first place!!

I guess if he does decide to pull out, I could always sell me team entrance to someone else.. :?