Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Scally Rally entrants, Whats your news??????

I've yet to finalise what car I'm bringing. It's looking like my 1990 Jetta TD though. It needs a clutch, rear brake shoes and handbrake cables, a timing belt and a radiator.

Before I get to that I have to rebuild a Golf G60, then respray it. Then do the same to a Mk1 golf. I also have a few bits to do to my Mk2 8v, and I have to put new brakes on my Vento track car and get it set up properly in time for April 9th.

How I'm going to fit it all in I've no idea.....

And I thought I was busy!

so you've given up on the idea of selling the Vento then? :shock: :lol:

No a deal has been done, with the co-owner for him to buy me out and put it on the road. But it will be doing 2 trackdays in April before its retirement.

@Andy, tell me about it! My weekends are crazy at the moment, have to get the G60 built, painted and run in before June as I hope to bring it to GTI International :roll:

Also, my teammate might not be able to afford the event! :x

I foolishly let him know how much it was likely to cost, and his jaw dropped :lol:

How much is it going to cost then (if you don't mind me asking)?

Bout a grand! Well thats what we've budget'd for it but were also driving back from madrid! Hardcore!, were gona do alot of charity work,sponcership,donations,etc

were aiming to get over £2K+ for cancer research or the like!

Our mk2 8V is still sitn with its blown gearbox,work starts when i get back from nurbergring at the end of month!

Got the new clutch anyway, so we wont break down with clutch failure! lol

cheers

So whats your news, I make it 5 teams from the Forum....

Me

Geo

IOW

Dec

JoeB

oi! me too! Not got a team yet tho! :oops:

Here's a rough price list I knocked up:

£150 entry fee

£100 for the Car

£100+ Spare parts

£56.50 European AA cover :wink: :lol:

£250-350 Petrol (A diesel would probably cut this immensly)

£150 Food/accomodation for about 4 days (or maybe sleep in the car..)

£50 Ferry to calas

£32 Flights home for 2 people

~£80 for 6 months road tax (but some of this would be refunded after we scrap the car)

~£350 for 10 months insurance via Elephant (again, a large chunk of this would be refunded)

Total: £1418.50!!! :shock:

So whats your news, I make it 5 teams from the Forum....

Me

Geo

IOW

Dec

JoeB

oi! me too! Not got a team yet tho! :oops:

Sorry jenks, that will make 6 then

So what happens with the car? You just leave it at the end point?

Yeah we park it at Madrid airport's long stay car park, and then come home :lol:

I think (hope) there's some scrap yards in Madrid. Or we can just give the car away for free to some random stranger :)

thats enough keeping it secret iow!

Got the head off the saab yesterday, all is looking fine. It would seem that the gasket was replaced not so long ago, but whoever tightened the head bolts didnt do them up very well as they took minimal effort to undo and the gasket didnt have any huge failiures. Need to check the head for flatness before going any further.

hi andy were starting to get abit more invovled in this and we might be adding a new team member known as only the stig!

andy my question is do you know where we can get some ood graphics made up where are you getting yours done or are you just gonna get like a sticker company to make you some extra large car stickers made up?

i well like the design on your bonnet!

cheers ive just got hold of the bloke that puts all the livery on the side of our company vans so should all being well might be able to blag some graphics! and a number! will keep you updated

We decided to ditch the Saab, The Saab was taken away tonight, on its way to Tilbury to be shipped off to Eastern Europe!!! They gave us £150 for it, so all evens on that one.

We have found our new car, see http://www.teamrado.blogspot.com for pics of our Audi 100 Avant Quattro CS, 2.3. Shes a beaut and what we really wanted to start with. Yippee!!!

Ive still to change the blown gearbox on the MK2, but weve got alot of fundraising to do, were gona try save up 4K!