Sign in to follow this  
ClassicStorm

Storms?!

Guys,

Can't find the thread about this one composed by Roddy,but am I right in assuming that a 94 Corrado cannot be a Storm?I thought that they were all registered in 95...

This one is doing my head in....

John

Yep.. all storms are 1995 onwards I believe??

Colour should be either classic green with cream leather, or mystic blue with black leather. If it isn't decked out in that attire, it aint a Storm.

jims16v,

Hi mate,I thought so.As you have probably guessed,I have the Classic Green version.The reason that I posted this thread was that there is a "Storm" for sale on the trader for £5000ish and but I don' think that it is?!Green with wrong wheels 94,I thought it was suspicious.On the flip side there are 2 that seem to be a valid for around that price too,I hoped that they might be worth a bot more...owning 1 myself.Don't like people who try and prey on other people's lack of very specific knowledge.

Thanks for the confirmation

John

No worries.. vr6storm / Roddy is more the man to answer Storm related questions as he not only owns one, but REALLY knows pretty much everything to do with them.

As you say, its frustrating that dealers try and sell these standard VR's off as Storms when they blatantly are not.. still those lucky old so and so's with the 500 Storms can rest easy that they are driving a future classic :)

I know,I can't wait for my Storm to continue it appreciation - sorry not wishing to sound arrogant.Bought mine for VR money too,running reasonably well at the moment too?!Too many things to go wrong but it has had a few new parts that I hope will not go again for a long while...

Bah - common as muck ;-)

Only kiddin', but yeah Fake Storms are a common complaint of Corrado owners, same with Scirocco Mk1s too....

Thanks Roddy.,

Campaign,compared to your machine - it is indeed common (1 of 5).Jammy b*gger...

Cheers Guys

John

P.S. Roddy would you say that the 2 Mystics on Autotrader at the mo are indeed Storms,very cheap and am tempted?!

Well a search for Storm on Autotrader (doing a national search) yields 8 results for me.

One on there looks pretty believable : 1995 VOLKSWAGEN CORRADO 2.9 VR6 Storm 3dr Coupe Mystic Blue, FSH, Usual Storm features EW ESR ABS heated leather etc. Totally original, lots of receipts. 12mths mot, 79000 miles, Cat1 alarm/immobiliser and Tracker. Genuine reason for reluctant sale.

Theres also one with koni's and uprated alloys.. the blue colour certainly looks like mystic blue and it sounds quite good : 1995 VOLKSWAGEN Corrado VR6 Storm, 1995, M reg. heated leather, Koni adjustables, 17 wheels, new tyres, cat 1 alarm/immobiilser, FSH, many more extras, must be seen

Other than that.. not so keen on the rest.

You can make sure by getting the VIN no. from the owner, or by doing a data check. Get VW to run it through their computer, and they'll be able to tell you if it's definately a Storm :D