Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

Advice Needed. Change tailgate or just rear windscreen?

Don't fancy the job of changing tailgate - would prefer to switch the glass from a tailgate I have but heard some horror stories about front windscreens....

Whats the advice? Change glass - if i can get a window fiter to do this i'd prefer that to changing the tailgate and all the wiring?

....or are rear screens a pig and rarely fitted well??

Mine was taken out for the respray 3 years ago, it went back in again ok no leaks, Mind you three years on i have 4 of the bars of the rear heater not working.

Am I right in thinking that you could get your rear window replaced on your windscreen £50 insurance. Or does it have to be broken / Smashed

That can be sorted easily enough if it does mate ;)

...are you thinking what i think you're thinking...

Dsc00001_big.jpg

Don't fancy the job of changing tailgate - would prefer to switch the glass from a tailgate I have but heard some horror stories about front windscreens....

Whats the advice? Change glass - if i can get a window fiter to do this i'd prefer that to changing the tailgate and all the wiring?

....or are rear screens a pig and rarely fitted well??

well, the rear glass is also bonded, so I'd rather switch tailgates, in fact if you remove the clip on inside trim and the outer rubber seal (just pops out) that's exactly how I'm getting a new one sprayed up for mine.

the wiring can stay in place, even if you have to swap all the spoiler etc over from one tailgate to another (which I've done).

I'd definitely rather swap tailgates than cut out and re-bond a window.

David.