Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

Rear bumper options?

My car is going into the bodyshop in August(ish) but I'm yet to decide on something to do with the back bumper. The front bumper is going to be recieving some Rieger goodness, which will be blended in so it doesn't look "bolt-on". The sideskirts are going to be metal extensions, DDI skirts or the MK3 ones someone has on here.

I don't know whether to get someting like this, and close up the two vents because I don't want it to look toooooo aftermarket - if that makes sense?

Corrado%20rear%20bumperskin%20R20037%203-piece%20wing%20R8081.jpg

Or this, and get it blended in so it looks like part of the original bumper?

rearvalence3.jpg

Like I said, whatever I do, I want it to look smooth and subtle, not OTT at all. I also have a spare rear bumper in my back garden, but I think the standard bumper looks a bit wrong extended.

Any more suggestions anyone?

the reiger one de-holed would look pretty sweet

Hmm, smooth the holes and use the exhaust cutout from an original bumper?

what about the other reiger one, with the relocated number plate?

Or this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RIEGER-BODY-KIT-T ... dZViewItem

Im quite intersted in what u were saying about blending the rear diffuser into the rear bumper. How would this be done exactly, as this would be more of what id want myself with the number plate relocated as well.

The Lumma one is a bit chavvy for me, and I can't see the other one too well - I'm not keen on smoothing the panel between the lights though so that's why I didn't consider it.

Blending the diffuser in shouldn't be too hard a job for a good bodyshop - they should be used to work like that. Just go and ask some places with good reputations, my bodyshop even suggested it to me.

Well one of my friends bougth an after market rear bumper, and IMO it looked AWESOME! However, it fell off atleast 5 times, been fiberglassed x amount of times to reinforce it, and evetually an idiot droive into the back of him, and the bumper shatterd......They just dont compete with the VAG rear bumper, so i personally would simplify matters with the rear diffuser route.

I'd stick with Standard. I have teh Rieger RS4 front bumper, a quite rare it seems set of side skirts, but then I had long deliberations about rear bumper and came to the conclusion that it really doesn't need one!