Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

Audi TT buying advice

A mate of mine is looking at a 180bhp TT at the weekend and asked me to go along to lend second pair of eyes. Thing is, its a left hooker. is there anything specific I should be looking for? I know the 1.8T is a fairly sound engine if looked after but I dont know a great deal about TT's and any common faults they have.

any advice?

:roll:

I should have known better than to ask!

if it helps my mate IS a gay hairdresser, so I dount hes bothered about image (sorry kris ;))

That was a bloody good guess! Talk about stereotypes!! Only common fault I have heard of was the faulty dash pod/speedo.

one problem i would look out for is overtaking a bus at a bus stop in a queue of traffic.......;)

yeah I mentioned that sort of thing to him, but I dont think he's too fussed, the RHD versions are priced out of his range so if he wants one, it kinda has to be LHD.

what about a RHD cat c??

oh yeah tell him not to bother anyway, crap cars, look stupid and the older models are a bit dodgy in the bends, at least 5 people are known to have been killed in them due to bad handling

i have proof of this if you want it?

what about a RHD cat c??

oh yeah tell him not to bother anyway, crap cars, look stupid and the older models are a bit dodgy in the bends, at least 5 people are known to have been killed in them due to bad handling

that why they added a little spoiler and traction control that you can't fully switch off?!

so long as its not gory, pm it over mate! if they're not safe then i'll advise him against. Image and so on is what he likes, personally I wouldnt have one but theres no accounting for taste.

nice one conleycrew, I knew about the recall to add the spoiler to early models due to the back end being a bit over active.