Sign in to follow this  
slimeskul7

Bosch Bloctronic Alarm & Central Locking Qs About Toad A

I have just (a week ago) bought a 1994 L reg Black 2.0 16v Corrado but there are a few things that need to get sorted on the car. One of them being the alarm.

Its got an imobilizer where once I turn the key I have to press this dongle thingie against a point below a flashing red light that is to the right of the key on the dash & just to the left of the headlight switch. Then the car will start. I am unsure if this is a factory option or after market.

The only keys I got with the car is is the normal VW keyfob with a light attached & the imobilizer thing. I thought the light button part of the keyfob was part of the alarm system so imagine my shock after I fitted a new battery just to discover it was only a light!!

This then leads me onto my main question, there are stickers in the corners of the windows saying theres a "Bosch Bloctronic Alarm" fitted.

I can see a sensor fitted just behind the passengers seat that says Bosch on it but I don't know if its active, or how it switchs on or anything. Was I suppose to get an alarm keyfob from the dealer I bought it from? He gave me all the keys he said were given to him.

Because of this I've been thinking of getting a Total Closure Alarm from Toad but I don't wanna be paying money when I don't need to as the car has an overheating problem (need to make a post about that later).

My other question is my central locking doesn't seem to work. I'm pretty sure it did sometimes but now its stopped altogether. Whats my first point of call to investigate? I've done a search & it recommend checking out the pump & the accuncentor rod in the boot first, any idea what these look like? Also is there a fuse I should be checking as well?

Thanks

slime