Sign in to follow this  
Nick

ICE help

102993_kd-lhx551_e.jpg

This the stereo and its spec that I currently own.

52W x 4

MOSFET Power Amplifier

SD Card Slot

SD/CD PICT (Personalised Image Caputre Technology)

Application Disc (Image Converted WIDE)

Touch Screen with Mulitlingual Voice Support (English/French/German)

Digital 7-Band iEQ

Advanced Multi-bit DAC

DiAS digital Tuner

DAB Full Control

RDS Text

MP3/WMA Compatible with ID3/WMA Tage (CD/SD)

CD/CD-R/CD-RW Compatible

5V Line Output Level

5V Subwoofer Output Level

Gold-Plated Line Output Terminals (x 2 pairs)

Gold-Plated Subwoofer Output Terminals with Level/Frequency Control

Variable-Colour 3D Graphics Display with Contrast Control

Motorised Slide-Out Face

Steering Remote Control Ready

I was looking for some advice for a good quality amp that doesnt break the bank, thats compatible with my stereo, as i know s.f.a all about ICE.

Its powering my Infinity 6x9's atm too, but i was thinking of installing a couple 10" subs too, so if the amp powers this aswell it would be a bonus.

I dont listen to any hard trancey club music, im more of an acoustic fan, so if its possible to compliment this too, then brilliant.

Thanks,

Nick

All you can get is opinions, but not a definitive answer.

All I can say really is if something seems cheap (and nasty), then it is. Avoid rock bottom priced unbranded tat. The Genesis Profile 4 ultra is a nice amp which won't cripple your bank account. You might even be able to jump in on the Audioscape GB and get one cheaper.

Better to save up for something you really want than settle for something substandard because you want it right now.

All you can get is opinions, but not a definitive answer.

Tis all I am after. :)

I will have a look around, but would still be interested to hear what other people might have bought, and how they got on with it. i wont be buying anything immedietly, but in the not too distant future hopefully.

*edit - Genesis Profile 4 Ultra is £400!!* :shocked!:

LOL, OK £400 is a bit much then but I consider that quite cheap actually for what it can do and sounds like. Maybe my perception of expensive differs from the norm maybe :-)

What's your max budget? Amp quality makes a massive difference to the sound quality. Try ebay, Apline amps sound quite nice for the money. If you want just bass power, a budget class D amp for around £150-£200 will suffice, but if you want clarity and quality, you need a little more outlay unfortunately....just depends on your expectations.

I can recommend 'Phoenix Gold' for the amp. and 'Diamond Audio' for the subwoofers. I just bought a second hand PG amp off ebay for £30 (£170ish when new!). Its only a 2 x 180 watt amp but i feel thats more than enough for my 6 x 9's. My sub was £180 new when I bought it and the sound is just sweet (running off an identical amp but bridged).