tango

oil leak,only when i start from cold!!!

wondering if any of you guys can help,

i'm getting a small oil leak when i start up my VR6,

it's only lasting for about 15-20mins then it's gone,it leaves a puddle about the size of your palm,

i took it to my garage which is about 3 miles from my house but it had stopped and they couldn't locate it.

any ideas???

cheers,

Jim .

what sort of area is it coming from - there are plenty of places that oil can leak from, can you see any area drops are collecting.

as i look under the car it's dripping right at the middle .

i don't ahve a clue what the hose are but as you look under the car 2 of the same size hoses meet ,

behind that is a thinner hose thats pretty flexy ,it's dripping onto that,i'd say the hose is about afootand a half in from the middle of the car.

thanks for the reply.

youre likely goign to have to try moving things till you find the highest point. The oil thats running will still be marked from the source.

should i get it the bottom of the car steam cleaned ,would make it easier 2 find,

don't you think???

Hi, i have exactly the same problem with my VR6, hence why i have been looking at this thread. My local gge put it on the ramps after 1 drove it there and no leak, i then started it up again at home and you can see it drip from the front of the car quite quick, its coming roughly above the oil filter housing? could be the oil cooler? any advice here is great, plus did your oil leak get diag'd? Tango?