Sign in to follow this  
GRINGOG60

Full beam

Hi,

Hi i have late spec 91 G60 anI have this problem, i know the lights on corrado are preety rubbish but i think mine migh thave a problem! :?:

When i put full beam on it would appear that low beam goes off as the light that comes out of the lamp shines up ward and stop lighting the road ahead- also the blue full beam light on the dash is very very dull and during the day you cant actually see it working (cant think how many driver ive p*ssed of!), but when i hold the stalk in the low beam and full beam both work and the dash light and the headlights get much brighter.

Is this a common problem? Does any of you guys know the problem?

Please help as drivng in the dark is a nighmare!!! :roll:

As you pull the lever to put the full beam on the dipped beam should go out, check any car. if it didn't the bulbs would bake the reflectors as they would get really hot.

Get an uprated loom for the head lamps 16vg60 on here will sell you one and maybe some other ppl too, they are easy to make, there is a section here somewhere that tells you how to make your own.

Thanks G60 Jet,

Ive seen uprated wiring looms advertised on e-bay- but they seem quite expensive for what they are - i'll try and find the "how to bit" on here first-

Does anyone know where it is?

It still doesnt explain why the dash light gets brighter though (so you can actually see it) when you hold the lever in... :cry:

Original poster or 146 jockey, has the upgraded loom worked for you? I have the same problem I believe.

GRINGOG60, you might just need your headlight targetting adjusted slightly, if main beam is really pointing that high.

The uprated looms help, certainly, but if you're shining 100 watts into the air, it still won't help!