Sign in to follow this  
Nick_Micouris

Bodyshops in NE London - recommend/advice?

Hi guys

Can anyone in NE London recommend a good bodyshop. I just went to one in Woodford and the guy there tried to convince me that I really may as well get a respray!! He quoted £3k and my jaw hit the floor! Anyone had a respray lately and is it a good idea? Also surely that price is WAY over inflated?

Thanks

Nick

Hello Nick

I personally only live near you in enfield north london and go alot to Steve's VW in south woodford whhen i need parts

Anyway for body shops in our areas i would say non!!! that i would trust

Seriously mines going for a full bare metal resray and its going to cost nearly half what you got qouted, but thn mines in bournemouth. I has already been resprayed by someone in west london and the finish is crap!!!! hence why its having all of it take off again.

The only people i would say is close to us worth touching your car are on the a10 near cambridge as they restore classic cars and do amazing work but are not into modifications hence why i didnt go with them

Otherwise ull just have to trust word of mouth.

haha! nice one - well, let me know if you ever need me to pick anything up from Steves for you!

I got really depressed by the guy saying that - I only needed a few minor dings pulled, which I had pulled with NO PROBLEM at all by Axi-dent who came out to me. :) But frankly - yes - that is absolutely typical response of a 'bodyshop' in our area.

This VW repair centre that quoted me £3k really knew their VW's though (cough!) he said that his Passat VR6 Estate was the FASTEST VW made - "it is like 200 horsepower he insisted" :lol: (I kept quiet!)

LOL, im glad you got your car looking immaculate again mate try that meguliars clay bar thing to see if it makes your car any better

lol nice to see VW are alwyas up to scratch lol :lol:

Im glad you got it sorted on the cheap but a word of advice never except the first qoute etc of anyone always look and ask round i found this out the hard way :mad:

also dont worry i liek going down to Steve's top guys there and we always sit about talking about shit lol

I even think Majik uses them lol

Nick you wouldnt belive how many corrado guys are in n.london i know 5 of them then there is the rest on forums etc

Also Majik havent you heard of the new n.london group BackSide ??? they come to my acecafe meet every month

Majik yeah but there is a good reason for the name BackSide as in back street north london racing vw's which i think is cool

Also Nick you should op down to Ace Cafe to one of my nights lol :D

and Chris the event is held every last Tuesday of the month so its on the 25th Nov this month but its also the events 1st birthday so where doing a birth show n shine on the 30th Nov

All details will be posted

Alex - that sounds an exceptionly good price for a bare metal respray. Did you get a special price? I take it you know there works good, any chance of their contact details? :D

Hello RobyD

Yes it is a good price but Im also helping strip the car back to bare metal

I dont mind as ive already done this once before plus im one of these guys that like to get involved in the car and i just dont like hand my car over to someone and letting them do all the work

As if the guy is good from what i hear he is one of the best personally ive never used him before but im looking forward to seeing the end result :D

once the car is done i will be in a better position to recomend