Sign in to follow this  
dubber31

Storm Bonnet

I got a storm bonnet not long ago from a friend who bought a crashed storm :( for the engine (Really low mileage!!) and the rest was getting scrapped. There wasn't much left on the car and so he practically gave me it as the rest was just going to be crushed as he needed it out of his way.

Anyways, i was wondering how much is one worth?? It's in really good condition, some scratching but I am going to see if it will polish out this week. Fairly confident that anything that doesnt come out by hand, it would with a machine polisher. Can't see any dents. Its in the storm blue (can't remember the proper name??)

Was going to be for my 16v but I am changing my car :oops: so I dont need the bits I have. Any help would be great!!!

Paul

mystic blue?

not sure its got extra value over any other late style bonnet really since unless you're a mystic blue storm owner, you'll have to get it repainted.

IIRC, the bonnets that came on the storms were just standard late type bonnets. The only difference is the paint which isn't that special either. Came as a MK3 Golf colour too. Not sure what it'll be worth though.

T CUT - Late bonnets are much more desireable than early. With reg to the price, you just have to chance it on ebay.

There was a guy on the forum who was lookin for a late bonnet, and at the time, he was willing to pay around the £100 mark for it.

Good luck with ur sale.

Thanks!!!

Didn't think it would be worth anything more than any other late bonnet, but didn't really know what they are worth either!!! lol:)

Hi there i need a late spec bonnet in red but ill be able to paint your blue one, send me a pm with a price etc !!

Also i have an early bonnet in good condition which i bought in error if any one is looking for one of those i'd swap it for a late one or sell it on.