Sign in to follow this  
Dixxy

Missing engine mount bolt???

Just been fitting a new Oil cooler and whilst under the car noticed that there appears to be a bolt missing for the braket connecting the engine to the front engine mount.

Can anyone confirm this for me.

If this is the case do you think jacking up the engine under the sump should align the bolt holes???

Bump... Anyone been under a VR6 recently and can't shed some more light.

Just been to the stealers and i think there should be a bolt. I think it should have an allen key head

Yeah I'm beginning to think i'm defo missing one.

Does this shed any light...

I've ordered both 13 and 15 from the stealers and they are deifferent. Which one do you think is missing.

Well recieve both bolts from vw and neither fit... no idea therefore whats missing but i'm sure something is.

If this is the case do you think jacking up the engine under the sump should align the bolt holes???

I'm not sure what's missing but I would definitely not recommend supporting the weight of your engine on the sump. A safer option is a piece of wood between the jack and the clutch housing.

Yeah good point... Jacked it up last night and did use the clutch housing... The hole align perfectly so i'm sure a bolt is missing... Tried the two bolts recieved from VW and niether fit.

If someone has there C jacked up at the mo have a quick look and make sure im not going crazy.

Had a look at mine today whilst fitting the oil cooler. They do seem to align! Seems my starter motor would use the hole. The thread is quite course??

Will take a look at the Passats down my mates yard this week and let ya know.

Had a look at mine today whilst fitting the oil cooler. They do seem to align! Seems my starter motor would use the hole. The thread is quite course??

Will take a look at the Passats down my mates yard this week and let ya know.

Cheers mate... would be really helpful

Thought i'd resurect this thread, went to fit my new front mount tonight to find that the bolt which is the same as above is missing!! :shock:

And when i looked harder i found that the bolt on the starter motor side has actually sheared off the engineblock!

Does anyone know what bolt i'm missing and is this sheared off bolt gunna cause further grief? if it will is there any way i can get it fixed?

I will check mine tonight as I've only just put it back together again, but you are defo missing a bolt.

I found it on ETKA as I ordered all 3 bracket bolts new from VW last month, but my ETKA and VW's ETKA are not very clear on which bolts you actually need for the C and lists different numbers depending which page you look on.

That bracket is held on by 3 bolts though and if one is missing the bracket still shouldn't be able to move like that. The fact that it's moved implies one of the other bolts as also missing IIRC.

Dutch

dutchvr6: the bolt on the starter motor side of the bracket has actually sheared off thats whats worrying me but will try to get a bolt to fit the missing one!!

Yeah sorry, I was directing that more towards Dixxy, but didn't check the date's of the last post :oops:

So you're missing 2 bolts then jsm? I don't get what you mean exactly.

Dutch

missing the bolt that dixxy has mentioned and the bolt on the opposite side of the bracket, the one that screws into the bell housing on the gear box by the starter motor. but it isn't just missing it has sheared off the threaded part of the bell housing.

Think i'll try and get that missing bolt and look into another way around the sheared one!

Any news guys... i'd love a part number if anyone has any joy... thanks for your efforts on this one!!

Sorry, didn't realise you were waiting on a number :oops:

As far as I can work out:

Starter motor/gearbox/block/bracket bolt: N905 729 01 (M10*160mm-V-M8*15mm)

Gearbox/block/bracket: N101 633 01 (M12*46mm)

Bracket/Block bolt: N040 338 1 (M12*58mm)

I would double-check these though as it's not so clear in ETKA as the numbers are different depending where you look. The sizes look good though so I hope the part numbers are also good.

Dutch

right, been down to the local motor factors and picked up 1x m12*46mm and 1x m12*58mm, back to the house and they are too big for the holes, so back down and change them for 1xm10*46mm and 1x m10*58mm, still too big!! :x

really stuck with this one have i maybe got the wrong bracket in my car?!

help much appreciated :notworthy:

It's for your G60? (I didn't check your sig. 'til now)

The parts I've listed above are for a VR. I've had a quick look on ETKA and they seem to be the same size for the 4 cyl, 5 speed box, so not sure what's going on tbh.

Maybe someone with a G60 can help?

Dutch