Sign in to follow this  
Karoliz

My new cluster

I've just finished my cluster mods...

In fact its very simple modification: I've changed my gauges design with photoshop and sticked them on the old ones... Illumination is made with blacklight. Needles are taken from audi 80 (needles fits perfectly, just need to short one of them for the tach.). Needles are painted with red fluorescent paint.

17im2.jpg

20vm1.jpg

Nice, must have taken some fiddling in pshop!

Do you have any pics in the daylight?

And are you not worried that if it gets damp (if printed on paper) then it could run, become unstuck etc?

Nice, must have taken some fiddling in pshop!

Do you have any pics in the daylight?

And are you not worried that if it gets damp (if printed on paper) then it could run, become unstuck etc?

I'll will take some pictures in daylight, don't have them now...

Yes, it's prinrted on paper, but on special one, which is damp-proof. - time will show if it's true :D

Looks nice! Have you got a "how to" to do this mod?

well I'dont have... - didn't had camera, when I was making this mod... But I guess I could explain everything in words if you'll meet any problems when making such cluster...

Karoliz,

Information on sourcing the parts you need for this mod would be very useful.

There a a number of "how to's" on the web showing how to take the dash pod apart so you shouldn't need to go into too much detail :)

Does look like an excellent job! Well done!

OK, I'll try to make short list:

Here is blacklight for illumination:

FLPSBL.JPG

I've printed these faces and sticked them on the old ones..

spydometrasgal0xy.jpg

As I mentioned before needles are used from audi 80 ant painted with red fluorescent paint and I've used red fluorescent tape for redline. And I guess you all know aboud reverse LCD mod...

Excellent job.I've never been one for this mod before,but lately,the cluster has seemed dated to me.This is easily one of the best mods I've seen.A subtle and elegant design.You b*****d.

There was another post like this a while back, and someone posted MPH gauge stencils, at the exact size too. Cant remember who/where though.

Guest jimwww

WOw.. looks awesome.. I have downloaded the psd you sharded with us.. however I do not have the knowledge about this backlight thing.. I just bought my car last sat.. and take delivery later in the week. KM is fine since I live in Canada.

I have seen a red led conversion for just the LCD guages - but cannot remember where. (hopefully somoene can rememb)

Wow these gauges look awesome, good job!

Could anybody please post some sort of “walk-through” on how to design those gauges with Photoshop? I know how to do some of the basic stuff, but I haven’t figured out yet how to make the round dials and make sure everything matches the position it is in the original dial face. I’m sure they don’t just move the stripes and numbers around until they somehow match. ;)