Sign in to follow this  
harryc

20mpg in my G60, is this unusual??

you may also find that if you disconnect the multi-plug for the lambda that the metal terminals in the bit wot connects to the car's loom are somewhat crappy... clean 'em up and you may find it solves your problems... ;) (took me fecking FAR too much farting about before I sussed this on mine! :oops: )

Just a quick update..... Didn't want to say anything sooner in case I jinxed it! Changed over the blue temp sensor and the car is running much better now. The idle problems have gone away and I just got 18mpg out of a refill, which is about right considering all the short journeys I have been doing. I haven't had that sort of mpg for ages, even when on motorways. I am going to take it up to my mates garage over weekend to plug it in to his VAG-COM to see if all is well. Fingers crossed it's sorted.

On my 10 mile trip to work I have been averaging 34 MPG(!).The drive involves dual carriageway and town driving.A while back,I was lucky to get 23/25.So,doing some research for the insolvent,I checked out some sites concerning gaining the best fuel consumption from your car.My tires hadn't been pumped up in god knows how long(the psi wotsits was shockingly low when I did eventually get around to it).I refrained from clutch control at lights(handbrake on if nec.) accelerated with more 'feeling',no engine braking,and generally tried to think more about my gear changes.From reading threads like this on the forum I know that these figures are only a guide,but still,there has been a marked improvement.

Don't get me wrong,if some geezer drives too close behind me:he gets smoked.And if the mood takes me I unleash hell,but most of the time I drive like an old lady.Penury isn't all it's cracked up to be.

the multi-plug for the lambda that the metal terminals in the bit wot connects to the car's loom are somewhat crappy... clean 'em up and you may find it solves your problems... ;)quote]

Where does the lamda plug connect to the loom? Is it undernaeth the car or inside?

my sns chip is set high on the c0_pot as they seem to run safe rich as standard. think im in the 900ohm area.

The higher the number the leaner i thought?