Sign in to follow this  
snake16valve

Exhaust

Can anybody recomend a good back box for my mk 2 golf 1.8 16v. As i think it is about time i replaced the standard one..

Tanks for any replies....

i got a nearly new from a mate , paid £80 for it but ive been told its worth about £230 new , i dont know if that true or not ,he may have been making it up to make £80 sound like a good deal ! im pleased with it though , im running a de cat pipe and only the main silencer followed buy the scorpion and its well impressive nice sound when driving even better on over run and a nice flash of flame at the right rpm range . :onfire:

The DTM back box is a bit too 'in your face' IMO, especially for a mk2 golf. I think the Scorpion Monza (which is the twin squared back box) looks and sounds the part whilst remaining less understated (which is what all Mk2 Golf and C mods should be all about!) :wink:

(which is what all Mk2 Golf and C mods should be all about!)

should be but not always its personal preference at the end of the day mine isnt to loud its got a decent exhaust tone to it and its not like the ones you see and hear on a chav'ed up nova or corsa :)