Sign in to follow this  
woody

G60 Brake, Starter & Knock Replacement - Long Evening

Just like to say thankyou to John 16vG60 for sorting my brakes, starter and knock sensor out Friday night. What John had I hoped a 3 hour job ended up being a 6 (as I believe that the person who owned my G60 before me welded every nut and bolt to try and get rid of rattles)

I believe I saw every face John could pull last night while holding spanners in hands

Work consisted of: -

New rear MK4 Callipers, Zimmerman Disks and Pads ( ended up replacing brake pipe to flexihose on offside back to a unit on near side because of a dodgy connection which could have been very dangerous. (some garages would not have seen it).

Recon VAG Starter Motor: which looked bloody new the only bit used again was the casing which started the car like a dream unlike my old tired one which I believe will be used in the annual 'chuck the starter' at goodwood racers for half the price of a stealer.

Knock Sensor: Straightforward apart from welded nut and the need to have 15" fingers with sucker grips on the end to get the connector

After six hours of work(which I was not charged for all of it) and a 150 mile round trip my Car is back on the road braking much better, easy starting and piece of mind that a professional job had been done on my car.

Ps Got bloody stopped on the way home on the M27 by a blue BMW (unmarked plodder :evil: ) I think he was wondering why i was doing less than seventy ( could be drunk ) No officer i am bedding in my bloody brakes and just want to get home to bed. Let me go after checking the car was not stolen and roadworthy

Better to be stopped going slowly and having a reason for it than getting caught speeding and getting some points eh? :)