Sign in to follow this  
jenks

ECU Blown

Ok just spent £120 :shock: on a good Auto Electrician thtas been out for 4 hours as my car has not been turning over since i moved the fuse box to replace the bonnet cable.

He checked everything and is 95% sure it is a blown ECU caused by a 3 plugs being lose at the back of the fusebox causing a erm surge?

Anyway he had all the right equpment and books with the correct figures and he def wasnt a cowboy! His hourly rate prooves that! :x

Anyway ive heard this isnt common? Ive also heard I need a slap across the face for paying £120 on a sparky! :lol: :?

so what do i do?

Im waiting on 2 edinburgh companies who send the ECU away and its not cheap! looking at £200+

Or do i risk getting a 2nd hand 1 and hope it works?

The next problem is that the car has to be ready for Fri the 24th to go to Nurburgring! yep im pushing it! :?

any opinions,comments,etc Any1 been in same posisition before?

TIA

not sure about the ECU but i went to the nurburgring last year and im going again on aug 4th if you hav not been already its amazing

Go OBD2 :)

My ECU is not right it overfuels the car slightly and stalls a bit, so i'm changing to OBD2. Will sell you my not quite right ECU in a few weeks cheap if ya like?!

cheers but looks like i wont be goin in my raddo!

Also if any1 has a vr6 around edinburgh&lothians with code 021 906 258 AG and fancy helpn me out for half an hour just to change ECUs possibly?

Box of beer in it for you!

as my car has not been turning over since i moved the fuse box to replace the bonnet cable.

I'm presuming you mean the car does turn over on the starter but doesnt fire?. Cranking has nothing to do with the ECU

well my friend has a gut feeling its not the ECU and is not convinced,

Trigger thanks for the offer,woulda been good if i had the time!

big pants baby - how much?

cheers

I`d be double checking every connector behind the fuesbox first, would have though it would be quited difficult to "spike" the ecu badly enought to kill it.