Sign in to follow this  
Rick_ford55

Wet like angelina jolie!

noticed the other day after torrential rain in escotia that the floor in the passenger side and rear passenger side floorwell was soaking wet.......not leaking from above as dry any ideas where it might be coming from??? the passenger door sill thingy on the outside is not the most secure could it be coming from there please dont tell me ths c is f***ed as i would need to commit hari kari!

i've got the same leak in the front passenger foot well too. It comes from where the little speeker grill is, that's as much as i've been able too find out!

Runs down the inside of your window first, then behind your doorcard you have a waterproof membrane that is prone to leak. Happened to my Mk2 Golf and there was Corrado in the garage with the same problem .....

that wouldnt explain the wetness in the back of the car though..... if it is dry tomorrow i will chack the speaker thing...............wouldnt it be dangerous if it was leaking through the speaker?

Once it comes through the membrane, itgoes through the speaker then under your front carpet, then runs down to your rear carpet. My Golf used to have a huge puddle in the back when it hammered it down .