Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

manifolds opions?

rite ive been thinkin about manifolds for my vr6, the first and obvious choice is a schrick and 268 to match but this is costly. so what other opions are there, ive read about a supersprint(£340) and street performance(£200) items i PVW anyone tried these? any and all help will be greatfully reseved, thanks guys/girls.

I think you getting confused between inlet and exhaust fanimolds...

Shrick make the VGI inlet which is based on the original Pierburg VSR which VW motorsport sold, the other 2 you mention are exhausts i think...

fanimolds...

please tell me that was deliberate? if not, it's the best mis-spelling of all time! :lol: :lol:

VGI is Schrick's version (Variable Geometry Intake) and VSR is VW Motorsport's version (Variance Sardines Rosenberger - or something!)

Pierburg co-developed it with VW Motorsport in the late 80s and the VR was destined to have it as standard, but it proved too costly, so became an optional extra instead - at something like £2K back then, few people opted to have it. Pierburg also made a variable intake for the 3.6 Porsche engine (called Varioram).

Schrick bought the rights off Pierburg and then designed their own.

The main differences are the VGI has tuned length runners and it has to come off to change the plugs. The VSR isn't tuned and doesn't have to come off to change the plugs, but in reality they perform very similarly, but the VGI has the edge on torque.