Sign in to follow this  
soupie69uk

Which Corrado Engine do you like best?

has anyone mentioned the lovely sound the VR makes?

It is one of VW's finest motors shurley

Mentioned lots of times in this thread already. The Golf V5 engine doesnt sound half bad either btw ;)

has anyone mentioned the lovely sound the VR makes?

Certainly does, at London Volksfest last year there was someone with a supercharged VR who kept showing off reving it up etc. Sounded gorgeous.

There was also a VW Transporter, this had a Porsche flat 6, now that was a lovely sound, made the VR sound about as impressive as an Austin A series engine.

i thought the vr was tame compared with my G60 for noise.

a standard G60 is pretty quiet though.

i want a quiet car when not on boost next.

but then again most of them havent driven a G60

Reason for that is fairly simple. In Germany the majority of Cs are G60-powered, in the Uk I'm inclined to say, the majority of Cs are VR6-powered.

Simple reason: Road tax! Whereas in the UK both G60 and VR6 C-owners pay the same, the VR6 owners get stung extra in Germany. Given that both offer fairly similar performance, the G60 was just the more popular C in Germany.

I for myself love the G60 to bits, so I'll join the G60-ranks :-) Yes, a G60 can also sound fairly quiet, just package it up in a US-spec Corrado :-) Get all the toys like airco, cruise control and automatic seatbelts thrown in, too :-)

Tempest

Oh right sorry guys dont wanna start any heated debates.

I do quite like forced induction engines as they get pretty good gains when tuned. Like my 1.8T A4.

I know what you mean by the VR6 engines though as my dad has a Mk4 golf with 2.8 engine. Is very smooth and sounds nice.

Cheers.

Next edinburgh meet ill take you out in my Vr6,then ill get my mate to take you out in his G60 which has just had a little bit of tinkering, his is faster but hes spent under 2K getn there, but anyway, best to get a spin so you can get a feel for it!

Superb idea mate!! I forgot you had a VR as well now!!