Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Brake replacement

Just off the phone from a local garage, and they said it would cost the best part of £150 to replace my rear discs (and pads).

I did a search and found this thread ----> http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19404&highlight=rear+disc+brake

These seems expensive to me, but I could be dreaming, and they didnt even mention the bearings or anything.

Parts will come in around £60-70 from a place such as ECP/GSF (discs,pads, bearings). its not that hard to do yourself if you can. But im not sure how ''long'' it will take 'them' to fit, i think i could do it in 2 hours with a few cups of tea.

i would say that you will need new bearings and yes maybe a little steep (i wouldnt pay it)

hth

shaggsy is that for vag pads and discs or different? and how many hours labour they charging you for because if it like 2hrs then that will prob £60 or more so then its £90 for pads and discs i beilieve the pagid fast road pads from gsf are about £38ish and can remeber but brmbo discs @ £48 rings a bell! so its not way over the top i dont think

i would say that you will need new bearings and yes maybe a little steep (i wouldnt pay it)

hth

Hardly surprising since you wouldn't even pay £25 each for new 280mm brake discs ffs :lol:

Hardly surprising since you wouldn't even pay £25 each for new 280mm brake discs ffs

Just saying i would do it my self :lol: :p

if its your first offer just make sure you look around mate! it doesnt sound that bad, and it comes down to being convenient after all

:)

Thinking about doing it myself, but i would need a caliper tool. Which I dont have. Can i get one from GSF or somewhere like that?

Thinking about doing it myself, but i would need a caliper tool. Which I dont have. Can i get one from GSF or somewhere like that?

you can get away with out one, but i would advise you get old of one. I think that halfords will stock them.

Also some one will confirm but there is 2 types (not sure which is on the C)

1. allan key style

2. 2 noch style like on my C (a noch on each side of the piston)

hth