Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Supercharger

Just taken the charger out of my c to send to darren at G-werks and noticed that there is BRM marked on it and a code. This is by a security seal. Has been done by hand. Anyone know what it means?

Jabba used to mark there's witha code so they could trace them back.... might be the same from another company.

It stops people sending one in for rebuild, then claiming it went wrong and sending in another instead ;)

Looks like mine has prob already been done at some point then although the only paperwork I have about the charger is when it was new.

MMhh see what darren says when he gets it.

If there is a code then Jabba might be able to give you a date and mileage for the rebuild. i know I called them about mine when I bought my G60. Although mine was prior to them starting to code them.

Although mine was prior to them starting to code them.

Do you know when that is then mate?

Can't remember offhand sorry... have to take a look at my paperwork. Although IIRC mine hadn't been done in 80,000 miles so much have been done about 1999 ish.

They might pull this up from your license plate also.... as Jabba asked me this as well. Although not sure if they'll keep the records as you went through a middleman.

Just phoned brm who couldnt really help. They said that it probably just had an overhaul. As they stopped doing porting a few years ago.

So who knows :roll:

The man reads minds. Jabba have said that they didnt do BRM's chargers , They were done in house.

I am guessing that although I have a recipt for a new charger 60.000 miles ago. The garage that did the work have fitted a recon from BRM and charged the owner for a new one. £1500 plus vat. OUCH

That would mean that the BRM rebuild lasted 60k miles!..and your car seemed to be boosting fine on Sunday! lol

I know. Kinda odd. Jezza did say it was pulling really well for a standard charger on 60tho. So will be interested to see what darren says. HAs it been played with already or not. Dont ya just love cars with little service history :twisted: