Sign in to follow this  
markievw

Oil Filter Change

I am trying to change the oil filter on a mk2 golf gti. As the club gti forum is closed I thought I would see if anyone here could help. I need to know which way to remove the oil filter. One book say clockwise, another anticlockwise. Anyone help me?

Tip - use an old fan belt as a strap wrench if it's tight, if it's really bad then stick a screwdriver thru it but be careful not to break the dipstick guide...

i think i am being really thick but. As i am looking at the oil filter on top into the engine. Do i turn the filter from left to right or form left to right?

help!!

hi

All is well now. Managed to shift it with a hammer and swearing!! The garage that put it on must of overtightened it. Or do they just go this tight after a while.

Not sure about doing it again though

cheers for your help

mark

they do go tight after a while,when i did a filter change on my old golf,the screwdriver slipped and went through the bottom rad hose :lol:

haha lefty loosy, righty tighty, hilarious, im gonna remember that. I always pretend to screw something into loose air before I untighten anything, now I can stop looking like a fool and start sounding like one! thx

they do go tight after a while,when i did a filter change on my old golf,the screwdriver slipped and went through the bottom rad hose :lol:

PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:

They can get very tight alright. My brother bought a Golf G60 a few weeks back and someone had tried to remove the filter and failed, but had damaged it in the process so it was leaking :roll: