Sign in to follow this  
nzgti

Thieves have broken the dash

....while removing the stereo some thieves have busted the dash...looks dam ugly now.

i can get a replacement but ....how difficult is it to remove? has anyone done it.....and is there a procedure that i should follow...pitfalls to watch out fore etc.

It's either that or get someone to repair it.

I'm getting a couple of quotes for the repair this week...depends on cost, it may be better to actually replace the dash

Had a quote to get it fixed $3-400, that about 170 pounds.....I think i can h=get a dash for half that.

Am I right in thinking this is a regular 1990 Passat Dask.......I've a 1990 16v

Had a quote to get it fixed $3-400, that about 170 pounds.....I think i can h=get a dash for half that.

Am I right in thinking this is a regular 1990 Passat Dask.......I've a 1990 16v

No, afraid not man, corrado dashes are a bit different to passat dashes, i feel your pain tho, the whole dash swap procedure isnt to bad just be methodical and take your time, you'll get it done in a weekend no sweat

there is a guide here on how to remove the dash, and change the heater matrix while you're at it. You really should change the matrix, since its probably gonna blow any day now if you haven't changed it before.

Remember to buy a black dash (if you don't have a gray interior that is), and a new style one if you like that over the old design.