Sign in to follow this  
tim20vt

clifford intellistart problems

my new rado has a clifford concept 500 with an intellistart thing on,if i dont leave it set to start before i get out it shouldnt beable to start its self for any reason is that right? cos i just get out of the car normaly and i leave it in gear and when i got up this morning the car had gone like 5 car lengths down the road :? i did wake up one morning and it was running so i had the car reset so it isnt set for battery top up or cold weather starting,but it must have turned its self over with the handbrake on to get down the road...so its a wee bit dangerous.

so i wont use this thing anyway so if i unplug this telestart is there anyway the alarm can start the car?

and has this forum moved as i have no posts now but i did when i had my last rado cheeers :)

Maybe the previous owner had the alarm installed in "automatic" mode? In order to tell the system that the car is an automatic, they ground a specific wire. With this wire attached to ground the system will bypass the security measures taken in shift-stick mode. I don't know which colour it is on your C500, but you should get hold of the installer manual in order to find that out.

I don't know the C500 as far as wiring goes, but I guess the basics are the same throughout all of the systems. You shouldn't experience any problems by detaching the wiring loom that goes from the intellistart to your steering column. It doesn't do anything else than to start the car and power your aircon during remote start. That way you can be absolutely confident it won't try to start by itself anymore...

timmmy, iF YOUR coming to the stealth rr day i'll bring my Laptop and cable and have a look at it for you

thanks for that offer but i cant go to the rr day,but u mite be able to help me with some other alarm problems,i removed the intellistart thing il never use it anyway.

but when i get out of the car and turn the ignition off after so many seconds the alarm arms its self without me arming it with the lock button.can this be turned off because when i want to work on the car i have to leave the keys in with the ignition turned on.

if i put it in valet mode when i turn the key off it goes back to normal and arms itself again..

and the proximity bleeping thing can u turn this off every time sumone walks past my car it chirps so i cud do with getting rid of that if poss?

thanks again i do have a manual i got from the clifford site i just wonderd if these were things that can be turned off i just want the alarm to arm when i lock it with the fob,this alarms well crazy id rather keep it for the full closure and the imobilliser or id have already taken the alarm off..i think its a g4 c500.

i can enter the valet mode using the pin code thing then if i want to cange an option sutch as auto arming on or off i press the blank one first say 3 times i get 3 chirps then the * one once and get a chirp then what do i do,i think i get three chirps then if ya just turn the ignition off shud that have changed to been on or off by its self so do it once and it mite be on and then twice and it will be off or am i missing doin somthing after pressing the * to select on or off..thanks and will one of them g5 disks and cables to connect it to this pc work on a g4 alarm aswel i cant find a manual on the clifford site for a g4 c500 only for a 400 or 600 so im goin off the 400 user guide but the recipt i have for the alarm says 500

I dont know the ins and outs of every clifford alarm, but if its a g4 alarm the g5 software will work. get your self the cable and software it the best way to reprogram a clifford alarm.

i removed the intellistart thing as i recon it was a bit dangerous and i found some instructions for the alarm so i turned sum of the options off so its working ok for now thanks tho.