Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Uprated Light Wiring Loom

Cheers VR6, pm on the way to H100VW.

No problem matey.

Suggest some uprated bulbs as well (Got mine from Ant (Bananaman)). I deliberately did the loom first to see how much that improved things on its own and the bulbs definitely add improvement as well.

Joe, let me know what bulbs you plan on using. There are some rules of physics to bear in mind, that may affect your choice of wattage.....V=IR and P=VI

Gavin

Dont know the exact bulbs but im gonnae keep the standard rating (60/55 or whatever it is) as I dont want any probs mot time.

Or, if I say im going for higher rated bulbs will the loom still work with lower rated ones so I could just swap the bulbs back if I have any probs at mot?

The loom is built with upgrades in mind. However, there are limits. Most folk forget that when fitted to Corrados the main beam relay is powering 4 lights. So if you put bigger bulbs in the spots and headlights it would be possible to exceed the limit of the fuse.

Puts on pyshics teacher hat...

P=VI

Power = Volts X current(amps)

A 60 Watt bulb at 12 Volts will draw 5 Amps (I)

For example 80/100W bulbs in the headlights and 100W spots would total 400Watts on main beam.

400Watts at 12 Volts is 33Amps. This should blow the fuse that I fit as standard(20A), in theory anyway. If it were not to blow, then it would be running pretty close to going at any time.

80/100s in the headlights and 55s in the spots would be just about right.

Any more lessons needed let me know.

Gavin

I would like to upgrade my wiring loom. Is there anywhere in the States thats has them that you know of? if not how much would it cost to get one shipped over from the UK? any help would be appreciated.

thanks

mike

I'm not very into cars but if I get the thing right, you only need to change the wiring, everything else stays on its place and you're ready to go off with your brand new brightness of lights?

Just fitted Gavs (H100VW) loom he sent me 8)

Very pleased with the results, and took all of 20 mins to fit ;)

The blokes at work did wonder why I was upgrading the loom, but when I did a little demo of one as 'standard' and one 'upgraded' they soon saw why :p

I'd recommend this to everyone, dunno how I coped before tbh, next job is the Lupo wipers, then i'll be able to see out of the windscreen, at road I am lighting up \o/

Thera

Hi all, :D

Sorry to start this thread off again, but I was wondering if (H100VW) are you still doing these Loom upgrade's??

If so how much are they as I would like one off you, what else do I need to do to upgrade my beams or is it just loom and bulbs??, Please mail me the details or post on here.

mailto:[email protected]

Or if anyone else has done this and according to most posts here its an easy mod, if it is that easy can you post instructions on what to do and what is involved, so I could do this myself? :!:

Thanks to all in advance who post.

he's still doing them, and still active on this forum, just PM him :)

goto the first post he sent on this page.

sigs, avatars and options aren't included on additional posts after the first

Hi Stormseeker,

Cheers for that I have printed off the details and once I get the car finished and up and running I will give it a go, Great site another one to add to my list of useful resources. I will post my results once i get the conversion done.

Thanks