Sign in to follow this  
shawnsg60

1000bhp per ton!!!

went to kit car live on saturday,as some of you no i am building a kitcar this summer with a turbocharged yamaha r1 engine until saturday that is.jack frost was there from holeshot racing who are suppling my engine.if any of you are into bikes then you probably would of heard of him.he is a certified nutter who holds the uk bike land speed record set at 246mph and this summer he is off to the usa to go for the world record on a 770bhp hayabusa hoping to crack 286mph!!any way on saturday he took me for 3 laps of oulton park in his 500hp turbo hayabusa westfield. lost all use of my head when when he hit 8000rpm and full boost couldnt move my head forward at all!!!!. he was also using an air shifter to change gear sounded as quick as an f1 car going through the gears.this car regulaly does the 1/4 mile in 8.5secs.i have now changed engine plans from a 250bhp at the wheels r1 to a 350 bhp at the wheels busa turbo.costs another 2 grand though!! i used to think my mk1 g60 was quick but this was in a different league

i will let you no i am going to holeshot on friday to choose an engine basic busa is 2.5grand for 175 bhp as standard. the conversion is @3,500 for the whole lot and thats for 350bhp at the wheels 6,500 gets you 500bhp!!!

My mate Scruffythefirst is building a Dax Rush with a Cossie engine in it at the moment. I was there when he went out for a test drive in the 'busa turbo demonstrator (also a Holeshot engine). That thing was mental - It left the driveway sideways... :cuckoo:

Apart from needing a change in underpants, I don't think he stopped smiling for about 3 weeks afterwards :lol:

They've got a bloke using one of their Holeshot 'busa turbo cars in some race series (can't remember what) and it just wiped the floor with everything in it's class...and the class above the first couple of seasons that he raced it.

By comparison, his 300bhp, 700kg Cossie version is going to be quite tame... :cuckoo:

Yummy!!!!!

I need that kinda performance in my life!!!

might even sell the house and live in a tent.

Well that's the silly thing - they're not that expensive. For £20k you can build something that's faster than virtually any other car you can buy (supercars included).

Admittedly you don't get luxuries like ooh a windscreen, carpet or a radio but heck, it's a lot of bang for your buck. As it were.

For real performance, I reckon a tripple rotor 13b in a dax rush mc chassis with the camber compensation. Should do 500kgs and 600bhp without too much trouble. That will be my next project, after the barge.

Dinkus you don't mean to say you've got 20K knocking about for my next project???

Didn't realise just how friendly people were on this forum

:lol: No, but considering a new Golf GTI is at least £20k, it kind of puts it into perspective.

Having said that, £20k gets you a nice collection of parts in cardboard boxes, so isn't exactly a read-to-go car...

It's a friendly place to be - that's why my post count is so depressingly high! :lol:

the car i have ordered is a mnr vortx + the plus part is the one with fully rose jointed suspension and x bracing everywhere.those in the no with kit cars no all about mnr.the original plan was for it to have a turbo yamaha r1 engine with 250 at the wheels power to weight was going to be around 550bhp per ton as the car fully finished was going to weigh @ 440kg now should be around 750bhp per ton :D :D :D . budget has gone up from around 11k to around 14k all in.just have to sort out a reverse gear system now as the quaiffe kit wont handle the power.holeshots demo car has no reverse gear at all!!the kit will include the best of every thing as i am only going to build this type of car once.all alloy raceleda front setup 4pots caterham superlight wheels and avon acb10 tyres havnt decided on the full cage yet but having the busa engine now i probably ought to.will now have adjustable boost kit that holeshot do for 500 quid it is adjustable at the push of a button so you can have 6psi in 1st say 9 psi in 2nd all the way up to 18 psi in top as you go through the sequential gearbox that you get with bike engined cars. :) :)

Blimey, that sounds pretty mental! :lol:

Good luck with the project - it should be a beast!