Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

Motorcycle lessons

I'm good mates with all the guys at the local Yamaha dealer. I'm looking forward to getting the new R6 for a day or so in the near future. I suspect it's going to be small, cramped to ride and much less forgiving than the ol' DR-Z on the Norfolk roads!

good info guys thanks!

tried measuring my back garden last night for putting up a shed, need one anyway for the Rado parts!

does anyone else keep a bike in their shed :oops:

is there any good websites for motorbikes online - other than the trader?

poor ickle 125 strokers, getting a bit of a bashing here! i had a full power tzr 125 & it was a hoot! fair do's it wasn't much fun on long journeys but round town & on country roads it was fantastic! my mate couldn't get near me on his cbr600 round the twisties but then i have been riding a lot longer than him. the bike you choose should be down to what you like (sports, tourers, streetfighter) what you can afford coz the insurance can be pretty steep & how & where you intend to ride it. i've got a yzf 750 & it's not an ideal commuter but it's fantastic for everything else! as for bike storage, you can't have too many locks & alarms on 'em so get a ground anchor cemented in! mate of mine had his in the back of his garage with his car parked so it was blocking the bike in. some scumbag's broke into his garage, had a quick go at the car but saw the multilock then decided do drag the bike over the top of his car!! i've always found bennetts as the cheapest insurers & they spealise in bikes. i'd struggle to pick an ideal 1st bike but i love 2 strokes so i'd go for a import tzr 250 (the v twin one) or the reverse cylinder one(just for pose value) but sensibly something like a cbr 400/600 are probably best. honda do tend to build the best bikes (as much as i hate to admit it being a born & bred yamaha fanatic) anyway i've rambled on far too much, better get some work done!

I maintain that it's pointless getting any 125 if you're old enough to go straight in for the direct access. I also stand by my belief that highly-strung two-stroke race replicas make crap first bikes.