Sign in to follow this  
snake16valve

sensor

Can anyone help me locate my cars Inlet Air Temp sensor.

My car is a mk 2 golf GTI 1.8 16V 1988 (f) Engine code is KR-102kw.

Thank's for anyone who can point me in the right directon...

How did u guess ?

I have just put a k'n panel filter in and i never noticed one bit of difference !

So i thought i would try summit else..

something cheap ! ha ha !

lol...I'm psychic.

I'm afraid if you want to balls up the fine balance that is your air/fuel ratio you're going to have to think again. Those resistor things are for cars with electronically-controlled fueling...something your K-jet powered 16v isn't equipped with!

There are other ways you can achieve similar results with your mechanical injection though, if you must. The most popular method is known as the WUR (warm-up regulator) mod. There's plenty of information regarding the WUR mod on the forum available via the search function. Take a look at flusted's 16v tuning guide for a start.

I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't post here for one minute snake16valve, but I notice that you've had a few questions regarding your Golf GTI due to the changes in the Club GTI forums...if you're struggling and you can't find the info you need on here then you may find The Golf GTI Forums useful! :)

Not at all Bojmobile !

I was just trying to be helpfull as i'd noticed that snake16valve had asked a few questions about his GTI due to the lack of Club GTI forums :) , not suggesting he shouldn't post here in the slightest dude . :thumbleft:

I think it's safe to say that many Corrado owners have also gone through the ranks of Mk2 GTI ownership. I've had three myself for a total of eight years.

I think it's safe to say that many Corrado owners have also gone through the ranks of Mk2 GTI ownership. I've had three myself for a total of eight years.

Yup, me too and that is why this forum is so good technically!