Sign in to follow this  
Nick

That time of year again...

Dropped off my car this morning, and i was actually nervous about phoning up the garage later on, 'coz with me and cars its never as simple/cheap as it should be....

So after they replaced the rear discs and pads the problems were...

cv gauge(?) gone (£10 bit o' rubber)

2 x handbrake cables (i dont have two handbrakes - but delivered tomorrow)

my lights & sidelights are a bit dim (like me)

and my CO level is high (running a bit rich - theyre gonna solve)

So not as bad as I expected, which has cheered me up. Can get it booked into the bodyshop now. :D

This is our first MOT together (awww!) and things have been making noises and falling off left, right and centre, so im absolutely stoked that these were the only problems. :thumbleft:

CV gaitor?

You may not have two handrake levers but you have two rear calipers.

Seems like a fairly standard MOT for a car of the Corrado's age, plus it was free from failures on account of corrosion - nice.

I was at Awesome the a week or so ago for the same thing - plus a service :shock: and i was the same thinking the worse and nothing but ££££!!

But turns out the only thing that needed doing for the MOT was one brake line needed replacing as it had started to bulge - best MOT i ever had!! So i had to get some Goodridge ones put back in place - still had to pay for the thing and just as well not alot needed doing after iIgot the bill - but all good at the mo - 8)

Just behind the handbrake there is a plate which unes the motion of pulling the handbrake from the plate to two cables which then route to the rear brakes. These must either be damaged of need adjusting.

Mine Failed on Brakes too :( So It's had: Rear Discs, Pads and Bearings, Front Discs and Pads and 2 new Copper brake lines!

I am now Nearly £300 quid lighter! Bugger! Must use my C more and not leave it languishing on the drive :(

Mine failed last week:

CV Boot

Steering rack gaitor

Rubbish handbreak

Was very pleased with that!! Just proves what happens when you treat a car with TLC!!