Sign in to follow this  
Adam Darby

slight problem

right here is what happened started my corrado today and took her to work she has been under cover for a while started fine ran perfect but the oil preasure buzzer went off a couple of time.

The car defo has oil pressure because its got an oil preasure gauge and the pressure stayed fine all the time. it had a new oil pump in the rebuild. vince at stealth said it will be either damp in the buzzer or a faulty oil pressure switch. Does anybody know where the oil pressure switch is so i can change it. cheers

the switches work by going to earth i think, so loose wires can cuse this aswell as faulty switchs.

the switches are on the top of the oil filter houseing.

i thing you will have a black and a white or brown one. they are cheap from gsf/ecp.

:-)

if your guage says its ok dont worry about it. the pressure switches are pretty useless anyway. and 12 year old wiring wont be all that cracking after its been covered in oil and crap from your engine!!

i think there is a fail safe that still makes the buzzer go off if the wires are dissconnected from any senders. senders will come in at less than £10 for both from ecp/gsf.