Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Brighter Lights??

Imagine your on a dark road and put your full beam on. Thats what I did last night and as I'm pre-uprated loom its pretty poor.

But then after a car passed and I started to put the full beam back on, I noticed that it was brighter (a lot brighter) when I pulled the headlight stalk back and held it there.

As if you were flashing someone but without letting go. As soon as I click it to stay on full beam it went dimmer.

Hope this makes sense, what the hell is going on? Why is it 50% brighter when I hold it in place? :confused4:

Congrats guys, you passed the knowledge test with flying colours!

Just keeping you on your toes!

Ahem :oops:

The dipped beam lights don't go out when the main beam is switched on do they?! I can't say I've ever looked but it sounds daft.

Is it not the fact that both filaments on the h4 bulb light when you hold the stick back, along with the main beam (h1 bulbs?)

I guess the reason they dont always stay like this is heat generation.

im guessing but HTH

So the main lights have a dipped-beam filament and a main-beam filament, only one of which is lit without holding the stick back, and the other lights are additional for main-beam only....right?

yup... if both main filaments were on when main beam was on, then the bulb would only last a matter of minutes before it burnt out...

when i fitted my uprated loom it allowed both to be on when main beam was selected and bulbs were fine

when i fitted my uprated loom it allowed both to be on when main beam was selected and bulbs were fine

what mod is needed to do that mate? i was guessing there was a way but wasnt sure how.