Sign in to follow this  
Blown

Compression checked.

Finally got round to doing a compression check on the old gal today and started with no4.

55psi :scratch: So the gaskets fooked then.

The other three were up at around 158ish psi but the odd thing was that the car started and ran on three cylinders,whilst still managing to sound healthy. :confused4:

Anyway,got most of the gubbins off ready for the head to come off and replace the Headgasket-now the only question remains,do I replace with a standard,wire ringed or copper one?

What are the positives and negatives of fitting a wire or copper one and who sells them?

ARP headbolts are going in to keep the lot together.

Blown, which engine and what mods?

There's no point in putting in uprated bolts and gaskets if you're running a standard engine... Hell, even my somewhat modified G60 is still running standard bolts and a standard head gasket... ;)

Blown, which engine and what mods?

There's no point in putting in uprated bolts and gaskets if you're running a standard engine... Hell, even my somewhat modified G60 is still running standard bolts and a standard head gasket... ;)

PG engine.

260deg cam ported and flowed head.68mm pulley stage 4 charger by Jabba(recently overhauled by JMR),ported inlet manifold,TSR 4branch Exhaust mainfold(heat wrapped),Jabba chip, Stainless steel exhaust(de-catted),JR cone filter with heatshield,Boost return removed.

B&M short shifter,Weitec 35mm springs and shortened dampers,16" Keskin KT4's and angel eyes.

Well,you did ask!