Sign in to follow this  
A20 LEE

Need Help Realising an Idea!!

Ok, i've bought a pair of VDO guages. One boost guage and one oil pressure guage. My idea is to strip down my set of factory Aux Guage (the ones fitted at the bottom of the centre consule) and get a metal plate screen printed with the markings of the oil pressure and and boost guage and fit it into the factory Aux gauge housing. The new guages will be mounted to the rear of the metal plate.

Hope i've explained it well enought. First if all is there anyone that on here that can do screen printing? I can do the artwork in any format you like. Also anyone know if i pull the needles off the boost and oil pressure guage so the pins can be pushed through the screen printed new face, how to i reset them to the stop position?

The aim is to have a factory aux guage pod with a boost guage rather than a Volt meter. Best way i can think of, of mounting a boost guage without it look stuck on.

cheers

Sound like a good idea, i've be toying with doing something with a set of LHD guages I have.

Just spoke to a friend who does screen printing, he doesn't have the first idea where to start, but would look into it if you dont find someone who can immedietly help.

Only problem he can see is working out what type of paint to use, and getting a OEM finish from the screen.