Sign in to follow this  
squirrel

2.0 16v k-jet chip

I have a modified 2.0 16v 9a engine, it is now at the point where it requires more fuel, any information on chips or piggy back units would be really useful. Thanks.

Is this car originally a KR engine 1800 with a 9A bottom end fitted or has it always been a 9A along with the KE-Motronic fuelling and ignition?

If it has std K-jet then you can fit V-SAM or K-star if you can find either. I have the software to map V-SAM and can tell you how to make a programming lead.

If it is KE-Motronic then you could go to most of the big remapping compaines and have one written for the car. Unlikely to be cheap though.

You could buy one off ebay.de. There is always 9A chips for sale on there, no idea if they are any good but they are cheap enough to try IMO.

Gavin

chips on ebay are good ,i had one ,seemed to inmprove with it fitted ,just sold the ecu with it fitted and the lad who brought it said t helped as well ,hope this helps ,oh chip is by 'blitzchip'

I have the same problem on my valver. I got a "Blitz Chip" of eBay and although the car appeared to run better it was still running too lean. I took it upto Vince at Stealth and he suggested the only way to sort the fueliing out is to have a custom chip made up.

Vince is doing my chip in a few weeks, so if you can wait I'll let you know how it went on mine. Alternatively you can have my Blitz Chip off me for £50 and see if that works....

Hiya Phil,

All done now and pleased with the results.

He charged £250 +VAT, took about half a day and yup, he had it on the rollers all the time making changes to the chip, testing, making further changes testing etc until he got it as correct as he could. He also advanced the ignition timing.

Got the power read outs before and after plus got another 15 BHP out of the ol' girl. You'll probably get more, but my k-jet fuelling system needs to be upgraded I think. I'm running 153 BHP at the fly and 115 BHP at the wheels now. Having a chat with Vince would be your best bet IMO.

I didn't initially want to go down this route, but my car was running very lean and was going to damage the engine over time so I had to have this chip put in to prevent problems further down the line, the 15 BHP extra was just a bonus really.

Hope this helps

Blinky16v, Good news then.

I would rather spend the extra and get Stealth to do a custom map for my car on 95 octane undleaded than get one off ebay. I'd be happier knowing everything is spot on.

Hmmm maybe a chat with Vince is in order.

He is the man! :) he'll be able to advise you as your car might benefit from all the mods you've done.

One other thing he did was check out the map on my Blitz chip.. he laughed! Showed me that the only messing the chip had on it from standard by Blitz was between 700 and 1700 rpm, making the mixture a tiny bit richer in that rev range... so useful then! lol

Ah ha so the Squirrel finally makes a post :)

Don't worry guys i think he checks his emails about once a month :cuckoo:

i think he's getting his car back from Grant Motor Sport this afternoon,i'll give him a shout when he gets back tell him he's got a post to reply to.

Gavin his cars always been a 9A along with the KE-Motronic fuelling and ignition...