Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Well Impressed

Spoke to VW UK and they give me a list of dealers that serviced my car in its lifetime at a main dealer. Also gave me their phone numbers.

Spoke to the dealer in St Albans (a phaeton one too) and talked to the guy on the service desk. Gave him the reg and he told me what had being done to the car at his showroom and others. Then he said he'd print of an official list of the service history of the car at any dealer for me and send it to me free of charge. "As good as stamps" he said. given that a dealer that serviced mine 5 times is now non-existant.

Whilst I'm here I'll also print off the factory list that was placed when the car was bought from us and send that as well.

All my VW history in one phone call! (Prev owner last all the history by the way).

Can also send a duplicate service book to them and they will stamp it too if I want.

10x better than the pug dealers I was forced to visit in the past!

That is pretty impressive, might give that a go myself to see what's happened to it over the years. Does it include any other work that has been carried out?

ardandy, also have a look at the amount of times it had to be recovered under VW assistance, most VR6 printouts I've seen have showed the car had to be recovered around 5 times in the first 2-3 years!!!

Despite being expensive for bits, I've always found the Dealership to be pretty good on that sort of thing. When helping a mate with his GTi-6, I found that Pug customer services inspired me to violence with their ineptitude and attitude...