Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

moded or not moded?

im looking 2 buy a vr6, found 2 really great C at around the 4k mark. but i dont no which to go for, ones black and standard apart from some not so nice 17's with 85k on the clock. the over has already had some mods done- bmc, coilovers, full s/s exhaust and nice rims but 113K. both have FSH and black leather with fully workin sunroof, spoiler ect.

but should i buy the black one get my hands dirty(which i dont mind), spend more money on coilovers ect and make the C my own?

or buy the over one with some major bits done, save myself some time and money and spend my extra cash on engine mounts, suspention bushes, brakes, remap ect?

what im asking is would you want to start from the begining and do things your way or could you take someones eles hardwork and just change the bits you dont like? and do the mile really matter?

any help very welcome.

cost less using someone eles's money if you know what i mean then just tweak things

mileage if i said 85k thrashed and not serviced properly against 113k serviced regualarly and drivin averagely (if thats a word) which would you choose?

have a look at both and go for the one that's got the best history and feel to it... an 85K car with no history which has been owned by a clueless owner will be far worse than a 113K car with a good history which has been owned by someone who cares for it...

At the end of the day, they're 10 year old cars, so any with under 160K miles are still lower than average milage... ;)

As above, you can read whatever you like with both cars.

Standard low miler could be well looked after by an old dude with no interest in modding, or could have been neglected.

modded car could have been owned by an enthusiast, whos uprated suspension and stuff, or could have been owned by a chavvy type whos ragged the sh!t out of it.

You need to check them both for there own merits and go from there.